This document covers how to use Microsoft Lync on a Windows computer.
- Lync Account
- Lync for Windows
- Click the profile picture beside your name.
Figure 1: Click the picture frame
- In the Lync-Option dialog box:
A. Select either:
- Do not show my picture
- Default Corporate picture
- Show picture from a web address
B. Click OK.
Figure 2: Profile picture options.
- Click the drop down menu and select your location.
Figure 3: Change location
- Click the drop down menu and type in your status.
Figure 4: Change status
Steps to Add Contacts to Microsoft Lync
- Select the Plus Sign and select All Contacts to add the contacts.
Figure 6: Select “+” sign and then select "All Contacts"
Steps to Create a New Group
- Right click Contact List and select Create New Group.
Figure 7: Create New Group
- Type the Group Name and then click Enter.
Figure 8: Type group name
Steps to Schedule a Meeting
- Right click the user you wish to schedule a meeting with and select Schedule a Meeting.
Figure 14: Right click the user and select "Schedule a Meeting"
- In the Meeting dialog box:
A. Enter the meeting’s subject in the Subject field
B. Enter the location of the meeting in the Location field
C. Select the Date and Time
D. Click Send
Figure 15: Schedule a meeting
Using Lync outside the university network
If you are using Lync from a location outside the university network, you can use the Virtual Private Network (VPN) to communicate with colleagues from off-campus. If you use the VPN, you should start Lync first, then start the VPN.
For more information about the VPN and how to use it, go to:
If you have questions, or need assistance, please contact the IS&T Help Center at 404-413-HELP (4357) or firstname.lastname@example.org